DETAILED AUTHOR BIO:
From an early age, even as an elementary school student, Kristen was already educated and confident enough in Psychology that she was asked to teach a class at her junior high school, which included creating a mini-psychological profile for each student, discussing them in private individually with each student in the class!
She was already a writer, teacher and counselor at 14 years old. But that is no surprise because as she describes it, this is her calling, her mission, and she knew as a child that she would drastically change people’s thinking in society someday.
By the age of 19, Kristen was reading self-help books in an urgent effort to find peace in the chaos of a traumatic life. Her pursuit for peace in a harsh world led her to some extraordinary revelations and a completely different lifestyle and personality than she would otherwise have been destined for.
She didn’t find all the answers, but learned a lot more questions through this quest for help in a self-help, self-absorbed world. Distanced from her family, she buried herself in reading and learning in various genres on a journey that has taken a lifetime of overcoming many hardships. During the twenty-five years Kristen devoted almost completely to studying everything she could get her hands, eyes and ears on, Kristen collected data, book report style notes she calls Krista's notes, and added to the pages of the book, writing articles and teaching lessons to help others along the way.
For her, the education available didn’t make the connection between pointing out problems and actually creating real-life solutions, so she began writing what she was learning to put that education into helpful effect for herself. It was originally a self-help textbook, then spread to developing many workshops, incorporating her out-of-the-box philosophies, and then it finally metamorphasized into what it is today, which you see available on this website.
As a freelance writer, activist, and artist since the late nineties, she has published poems and articles in magazines, newsletters, both printed and online, and some of her articles have been requested for larger audiences with high praises from those who have read her works, which to her were just passionate expressions of the things she believes in, such as charity help for children, pharmaceutical lobbying, behavior modifcation for mental illness sufferers, emotional and physical abuse education, teaching discipline, behavior modification training, and improving relationship dynamics. Some of her most noteworthy are:
- Published advertorial in 2001 Profiles in Excellence, National;
- One of her articles was requested for use by Boys and Girls Clubs of Austin, Texas for their own marketing use, 2001, Arizona and Texas;
- Wrote two controversial articles in the newsletter that created quite a stir, one on Ephedrine and lobbyists, and the other on creating personal change through spiritually, 2001, Arizona;
- Received praises and recognition for assisting in writing detailed processes and action plans for BMW of New London Quality Management Systems, 2003, Connecticut;
- Contributed in writing “Drivin' Arizona Roads” jingle for a commercial that is frequently on the radio and television, 2007, Arizona;
- Manages blogs online with articles about becoming a better person, improving relationship dynamics, human behaviors, suicide prevention, societal issues, spirituality, 2006-present, Online.
- Is still in the process of writing her life changing philosophy book, which will be available online after editing.
In the research phase of developing these workshops, Ms. Lee supervised small groups (the meeting style is modeled around Alcohol Anonymous, book clubs with business meeting agendas), and she has worked individually with friends and other people she has met working the program with them since 2000. This has resulted in changed lives and makes her feel proud that her life experiences really work to help others. Some examples that she is particularly proud of are:
- A recent ASU graduate was interviewing for jobs. He explained that a C-minus engineer is not someone people want working for their company and he was disappointed in himself while trying to create a better future with a good job that would be well-suited for him. Kristen worked with him on building his self-esteem and improving his interviewing skills customized for him and the jobs he was seeking. They were both very pleased when he was offered the next job he interviewed for and at one and a half times the offer he was expecting! Read his own testimonial >>>
- A girl in her early twenties working as a secretary, dating a guy whom had pushed her to get an abortion. She was a really smart girl, but she was in a disconnected party phase with no direction when we met. The two talked and worked together in the small group and individually. The girl decided to move back in with her parents in Montana and went to college to become a teacher. She came back to visit Arizona and looked for Kristen, but she had moved too, so she left her number with a mutual friend to call her. When Kristen called, the girl told her that she was doing great in college and she was really happy and excited, then she thanked Kristen for all her help!
- When I met this other man, he was making $28,000 salary. He was frustrated with his job and
particularly his boss. I asked him if I could help him get a better job and he agreed. We had meetings
to discuss all the details necessary to customize the plan for him. They worked together practicing the
plan and Kristen made him a CD to memorize certain aspects that he would need to be able to say
instinctively in his interviews. She also helped him design a compelling portfolio and even did a photo
shoot for him. He went on two interviews and got offered both jobs. Plus, he was also offered a raise
at the job he was leaving. One of the jobs was a much better choice, so he focused on that one. They
moved into the negotiation stage of the interviewing process and when he accepted the job, he was
making $12,000 more than a month prior!
- Couples that Kristen is friends with ask for advice and education on how to be happier, how to create a better, more mutually satisfying relationship in their marriage, and for knowledge on disciplining children. Sometimes my inights are harsh, but positive change inevitably occurs, particularly through being uncomfortable, because no one would ever feel compelled to change if everything was always perfect!
Kristen writes one-page "book report" short-notes on personal improvement books and workshops to create behavior modification techniques from her reading, which are incorporated into the workshops, to help others use their reading to create actual changes in their lives. Her strongest motivation is creating positive change, not just in absorbing information, as many of us seem to do subconsciously. The essense of these workshops is in bringing positive change to our everyday lives. These articles and writings we part of an online blog from 2007-2021. One hot topic for the blog was quite a lot on arsenic and other poisons in our food supply and the research with the correlation between arsenic and cancer, from the FDA website as well as many other sources. That information is available on the free online page.
Writing comes from her soul and from God, not from her own efforts to be great or rich. She is a real person, not at all seeking glory or fame for her efforts, although her loftiest goals are to be on Oprah's Book List and be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize someday, expanding the audience so that many more than could be reached while on her own.
Kristen has high standards in herself and others. Therefore she has chosen not to marry until she feels secure that both she and her special Mr. Right have the skills and the devotion to be a united team to make a marriage work pleasantly forever. In the meantime, God, her work and her hobbies keep her very busy with a full and rewarding life. Kristen was a Marketing Manager for 22 years. She is also a commissioned Artist. She enjoys barbeques with friends and watching anyone do anything they are great at, like watching live sports and music, and going to the theatre.
UPDATE: Kristen (finally) met her life mate in 2019 and the two got married in 2021. In reading this web page again after ten years, the statements in the paragraph above are beautifully and wonderfully true. My husband and I often say that we are the best match for each other. I am glad I waited to get married until I met my person. The skills I devoted my lifetime to learning have become part of our every day, and I have started a new way to learn the teachings on this website. After planning it since 2001, the other part of my mission in life and my lifetime dream is FINALLY coming to fruition! In November 2022, Epic Dates Proposals Gifts LLC will begin taking reservations. One part of that will sell packages online as a monthly subscription of games that help people learn how to become their personal best in FUN step-by-step ways. I will link these two sites when that new site is ready.
2007 Honorary Doctorate of Psychology, specializing in Personal Improvement, focused on Behavior Modification
2002 Bachelor of Arts in Visual Communications, Minor in Business & Marketing
1990 Fine Arts degree, Minor in Writing
Graduated third in class
Nominated for Founder´s Award
President of Student Government
Women´s City Club Art Award
Lombardi Art Award
Received an award for Exemplary Achievement from the United States Navy Submarine Base Commander
Career Training and Certificates:
Credentials of Ministry as a Wedding Officiant
Certificate in Spiritual Counseling
Multimedia Graphic Design
Quality Management Systems
Personal Improvement Life Coaching
AAA Van Driving
Training for Intervention Procedures
Usio Reiki Natural Healing
Creative Suite 3
Cascading Style Sheets
Ruby On Rails
ISO 9000 (received an Exemplary Service Award for this as well)
AS9100D (AS9100D/ISO 9001:2015 certificate)
Recreational Facility Programming
Training and Research:
The Wisdom Within: Living in Balance/Your Personal Program for Total Well-Being (Deepak Chopra)
The Higher Self (Deepak Chopra)
Power Talks! (Anthony Robbins + interviews with others)
Journey into Healing: Awakening the Wisdom Within You (Deepak Chopra)
Creating Affluence: The A-to-Z Steps to a Richer Life (Deepak Chopra and Richard Carlson)
The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire: Harnessing the Infinite Power of Coincidence (Deepak Chopra)
Living Without Limits (Deepak Chopra and Dr. Wayne W. Dyer)
The Bible (God)
The 7 Healing Chakras (Brenda Davies - Jangchub Pelmo Workshop)
You Can Heal Your Life (Louise Hay)
Healing Through Sound Vibrations (Sedona, Arizona)
The Secret (Rhonda Byrne)
Plus, read a few books on boundaries in dating, celibacy, and staying single on purpose
The Power of Positive Thinking (Dr. Norman Vincent Peale)
Meditations for Manifesting (Wayne W. Dyer)
Love & Respect Marriage Conference (Rev. Emerson Eggerichs)
A Life God Rewards (Bruce Wilkinson)
The Heart of the Problem (Henry Brandt)
Power Talk! THE Power of Virtue (Anthony Robbins and Deepak Chopra)
Discussing Love and Joy (Anthony Robbins and Marianne Williamson)
Getting in the Gap: Making Conscious Contact with God Through Meditation (Wayne W. Dyer)
The Ultimate Deepak Chopra Collection
Why Is God Laughing?: The Path to Joy and Spiritual Optimism (Deepak Chopra)
Advancing Your Spirit 4-CD Set: Finding Meaning In Your Life's Journey
(Wayne W. Dyer and Marianne Williamson)
Grace Community Church
Workshops and church classes including:
The Twelve Steps of a Spiritual Journey - A Working Guide For Healing
Steps To Freedom In Christ (Neil Anderson)
Secrets of the Vine (Bruce Wilkinson)
Boundaries (by Henry Cloud and John Townsend)
The Silent Language of Peace (Heather Macauley)
Peace in Every Step: The Path of Minddfulness in Everyday Life (Thich Nhat Hanh)
Gentle and Lowly (Dane C. Ortlund)
A Praying Life (Paul Miller)
The Ultimate Introduction to NLP: How to Build a Successful Life (Richard Bandler, Alessio Roberti, and Owen Fitzpatrick)
Tony Robbins - How To Get Exactly What You Want - Motivational Speech 2022 Tony Robbins
Deepak Chopra on the Power of Meditation to Unlock Infinite Possibilities | Impact Theory Deepak Chopra and Tom Bulyeu
Everyone Communicates, Few Connect by John C. Maxwell (current book)
Solve for Happy by Mo Gawdat (current book)
1990-1992 Marianne Alozka
1997 Tammy Roberts
2002-2005 Kerri O'Connor
2002-2003 Gina Greaney
2007 Sunny Johnston
2008 Erin Botma
2007-2009 Chris(tine) Jones
2008-2009 Terry Rosello
2014-2019 Pastor Rob Keator
2014 Deb Donovan
2013-2022 Carol Gagliardo
2022 Savannah Haugdahl