In the research phase of developing these workshops, Krista supervised small groups (the meeting style was modeled around Alcohol Anonymous, book clubs , with the ISO 9001 model), and she has been working this program as it is presented since 2000, doing workshops, seminars, and one-on-one sessions over the years. This has resulted in thousands of changed lives. Krista feels proud that her life experiences and efforts really work to help others.
With how many clients, followers, and interested students there are nowadays, she does most of this work online now, with videos, web cam, email, and instant messaging, but Krista is a joyful talker, so here are some memories of extraordinary students, in her own words:
• "A recent ASU graduate was interviewing for jobs. He explained that a C-minus engineer is not someone people want working for their company and he was disappointed in himself while trying to create a better future with a good job that would be well-suited for him. I worked with him on building his self-esteem and improving his interviewing skills that I customized for him for the jobs he was seeking. We were both very pleased when he was offered the next job he interviewed for and at one and a half times the offer he was expecting! He found me when I joined Facebook in 2008 and he gave me $375 and a glowing letter of recommendation! I'm so proud of him, I feel like a tree with many sprouting leaves and deep roots whenever I think of how successful Pedro is now."
• "There was a girl in her early twenties working as a secretary, Jen, dating a guy who had pushed her to get an abortion. She was a really smart girl, but she was in a disconnected party phase with no direction when we met. We talked and worked together in the small group and individually. That girl decided to move back in with her parents in Montana and went to college to become a teacher. She came back to visit Arizona and looked for me, but I had moved too, so she left her number with a mutual friend to call her. When I called, the girl told me that she was doing great in college and she was really happy and excited, then she thanked me for all her help! I still think about her all the time and it's been over 15 years since that conversation."
• "When I met this other man, Brian, he was making $28,000 salary. He was frustrated with his job and particularly his boss. I asked him if I could help him get a better job and he agreed. We had meetings to discuss all the details necessary to customize the plan for him. They worked together practicing the plan and I made him a CD with his Cheat Sheet™ to memorize certain aspects that he would need to be able to say instinctively in his interviews. I also helped him design a compelling portfolio and even did a photo shoot to highlight his work better. He went on two interviews and got offered both jobs. Plus, he was also offered a raise at the job he was leaving. One of the jobs was a much better choice, so he focused on that one. I counseled him over the phone numerous times while he moved through negotiation stages of the job interviewing process and when he accepted the job, he was making $12,000 more than a month prior!"
• "I'd say the hardest part of being a Life Coach for me is the emotional pain that I feel while working with people struggling through overcoming addiciton, rape, death, children's discipline issues, suicide, and various kinds of abuse. The second hardest problems to overcome are relationship problems with disparity in sexuality. These are hard for me because I can FEEL their emotions, which can be extremely intense, and I have to keep myself grounded, separated in a clinical capacity, when I care so much on a human level. But the rewards of overcoming such tremendously overwhelming issues and having people come back years later to tell me how I saved their lives is... is just... indescribable... I'm so enormously proud of them!"
• "I also provide assistance teaching people regular life skills, and things like romance, traveling, business, marketing, management, communication, astrology, and any other topic that I am well-educated. For me, this is like taking a vacation compared to the other types of life coaching I do!"
Read Testimonials >>> | View LinkedIn Resume >>>